Retail Sales Agent: Suddenlink by Altice USA
Job ID: 2019-21565
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
As a Retail Sales Agent, you have the opportunity to create a positive customer experience by pairing products and services to solve customer needs, and provide information about these products and services. A Retail Sales Agent also provides assistance with billing or service questions, processes payments, and exchanges and issues out Company equipment. You are able to engage with the customer to understand their needs and your knowledge of mobility products and services will allow you to identify options to best fit their needs. You will discover and learn about our comprehensive list of products and the solutions available to support the customer.
Your enthusiasm about the brand, products and service offerings attract the interest of the customer. You understand the best customer experience starts with you, along with support of your team members. You will work to achieve sales goals, educate customers about the brand, products and service offerings, while creating an engaging customer experience using cutting edge operational tools and processes.
* Greet visitors as they enter the store and identify the reason for their visit, in a consistently courteous and professional manner.
* Provide quality internal and external customer service by representing the Company in a consistently courteous and professional manner.
* Demonstrate analytical proficiency and diagnostic skills in resolving customer issues on first contact, exhibiting empowerment/ownership, with appropriate follow-through.
* Demonstrates a strong passion for selling Altice products and services.
* Meet and exceeds sales targets.
* Delivers exceptional customer service by explaining the overall value, features and benefits of all products and services offered by Altice.
* Maintains a respectful and professional behavior, putting the customer first; creating experiences that enhance Altice brand, customer loyalty.
* Demonstrates proficiency in Customer Engagement, fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
* Performs all work-related tasks in a professional manner that is in compliance with all Altice USA policies and procedures in a customer facing, multi-product environment.
* Collaborate with other Retail Sales Agents, Team Leaders, Supervisors, and Managers as required.
* Serves as a mentor to other team members, providing instruction, support and direction as required.
* Communicates with other departments to troubleshoot system problems and resolve.
* Utilize extensive product knowledge and retail sales experience to find solutions aimed to meet and exceed customer’s needs. This includes completing end-to-end customer transactions, including collecting payments, updating customer profiles, recovering/issuing equipment, performing logistics duties, as well as assisting with general inquiries.
* Determine customer needs and educate the customer in order to sell or upgrade services.
* Demonstrates integrity while accessing customer databases and/or paper reference material to locate customer records and research account history.
* Exercises positive and cooperative behavior that promotes teamwork.
* Provides input and suggestions related to process improvements.
* Promotes and represents the Altice brand in all customer interactions.
* Communicates customer feedback on current needs and trends to management.
* Understands the business and science of operating an Altice Retail Store and how the departments interact, and the employee’s role in contributing to its success.
- Knowledge and understanding of sales techniques
- Retail sales or equivalent experience required
- Bilingual Spanish is highly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and effective decision making
- Maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving issues
- Engage customers with excellent listening skills and patience; with a passion to deliver world class customer service
- Excellent written, verbal communications
- Exceptional aptitude for accounting and related cash handling skills
- Excellent analytical problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Affinity for identifying and pursuing sales opportunities, working in a performance-measured environment
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time and ability to lift and maneuver converters and equipment, up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment, work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Must be flexible and adaptable with schedule and able to travel to multiple work locations (within 35 miles)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft application
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Internal applicants with demonstrated strong performance in customer-facing roles are preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug‐free and smoke‐free workplace