Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Hot Springs Ar.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Mechanic include:
• Follow all standard work practices and procedures to include: hot work permit system, proper startup and shutdown of all plant equipment, confined space policy, identify permit and non-permit confined spaces in the plant, Lockout Tagout procedures, Critical Safety Rules, plant and department safety rules, PPE, MSDS Policy and Procedures, plant fire protection system alarms and diesel pump.
• Certified to operate a Forklift Truck, Scissors Lift, Cherry Picker and Bobcat.
• Understand the roles and actions of different individuals for plant emergency response.
• Knowledge of asbestos location and radioactive devices in the plant and proper handling.
• Know the domestic water system and where the shutoffs are and know where the main gas shutoff is located o Practice good housekeeping and clean up after all jobs.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Complete work orders in computer.
• Lookup crib part in computer on SAP and sign parts out properly and pass on jobs in orderly fashion.
• Minor electrical work as needed with proper training– for example: unwire and rewire direct replacement parts, such as valves, photo eyes, small motors, etc.
• Rebuild pumps and change mechanical seals, trouble shoot and repair extrusion vacuum loading systems.
• Know application of hydraulic and pneumatic valves on Thermoformers, Punch Presses and Extruders.
• Rebuild and change blades on granulators and blowers, install coating rolls and nip rolls, use inside, outside micrometers and other shop measuring tools, bore and broach gears and sprockets, machine and fabricate parts to tolerances of +-.001, weld with mig and arc welding machines.
• PM Thermoformer, Punch Presses, PM Extruders, perform hoist inspections, replace and align motors o Unjam scrap lines and change cyclone and baler filters and perform pipefitting including tubing and hydraulic fittings.
• Comply with all Plant rules, safety rules, GMP and PPE guidelines and Department work instructions.
• Work as directed by Department Supervisor and as assigned by shift Lead.
• Perform housekeeping duties.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
To be considered for the Maintenance Mechanic applicants should possess:
• High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
• Basic machine shop, welding and blueprint reading.
• Ability to speak, read, and write with a proficiently in English, preferred.
• Completion of apprentice program or 2 years’ experience in maintenance repair.
• Must be able to successfully pass the Company designated written test.